Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Desire to Create

Perched
My Rock, My Redeemer
A Seed Planted
Ever since President Uchtdorf's talk, Happiness Your Heritage, I have tried to look at myself as a daughter of a great creator. I have been not only more willing to try new things, but have more faith and confidence in myself that I can do things well. To the great artist my works may look nothing of the professional sense, but to me every detail and stoke is a skill learned, almost perfected. I have a long ways to go, but I am determined to keep up my new learned talent. President Uchtdorf said, "Everyone can create. You don't need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and other when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty."

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative Melanie! Thanks for sharing your beautiful artwork with everyone:)!

    ReplyDelete